Wednesday 23 March 2016

Evaluation activity 5 - Draft


Evaluation activity 5

How did you attract/address your audience?

Front page-

To attract my customers and my audience I have used bright colours to make my magazine stand out also it has a link to nightclubs as there is usually bright lights and so I thought that this may have a connection for my magazine. I have used a similar pose to the Mixmag that I used as inspiration as if my target audience are buying this then it must be relevant to the audience and they must find it appealing if they are buying the issue. I also used a smart layout for my front cover as I thought that if it looked presentable then this would be a good selling point. The font that I used was blocked and this was relevant to my magazine and my audience as looking at other magazines they all generally use bold fonts that will stand out. I also went for a clear layout with the pink texts as I saw on my Mixmag copy that they usually used bright coloured texts and I thought that this would be a good idea for my magazine. I wanted my magazine to be different other magazines available as I think some can look scruffy with all the bright colours used so I wanted to use a different style that not many magazines other that was quite bland but still was appealing. To attract my audience I mentioned artists related to my genre that are also big names within my genre so that it stood out to my audience. I also wanted my magazine to adapt a modern look so that it fitted in the shop well.

Contents page-

I also took some inspiration from Mixmag contents page and how it was also laid out in Mixmag they use a double page so I used a similar layout for a single page as I wanted it to be different to Mixmag. The layout I went for was a formal layout that was very organised and clear for the audience to be able to read without being bored or finding it too colourful. I also used a similar colour scheme to my front cover so the magazine co-ordinated well. The font I used was similar to my front cover in a sense that it was smart and still blocked so that it was clear and looked good. The artist that I used within my contents and also the other headings were related to my genre so this would appeal to my audience and it would also attract them to purchase this magazine. I also used two images so that it would look good and not look boring for the audience. I thought this was key as my audience would most likely want to see photos and action of gigs and artists.

Double page-

For my double page spread I used two photos as previously mentioned my target audience would most likely prefer to see photos rather than text and also after looking at Mixmag’s double page they used 1 large image that interacted with the audience and it also looked interesting on the page so I decided to use two photos of my artists so that the audience did not get bored when looking at my magazine. For my texts I have used columns so it red easier on the page and so it looked better in line with the pictures. I decided to use a question and answer format for my article as I wanted to use a chatty, informal style with my audience and I also thought that this would appeal to them the most as they are interacting with the article and also learning more about the artist. I also followed my colour scheme onto this page as well as I thought it looked smooth and it co-ordinated well on the page.

1 comment:

  1. This needs more information on language and register choices and how this aims to attract/address your audience. Also, you say that bright lights will attract your audience - why? What does it have connotations of? How does your choice of color motif appeal to them?

    ReplyDelete