Wednesday 23 March 2016

Evaluation activity 6 - Draft


What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?



There are a variety of skills that I have learnt throughout this project within my media coursework that I have found very helpful and that has helped me produce the media product that I wanted to. The equipment I have used I would not normally be able to use due to costs and availability and so I have tried to use as much of the equipment as possible in order for me to achieve a good quality product and so I can maximise my skill range in this project for later life.




For the majority of my project I have used Blogger which is a service that allows you to post work so that others can see such as teachers. It has been really good to use and I have learnt that I can use websites like this to produce work that I have done. I have been able to post the majority of stages of my work onto this so that I can clearly see my progression in this project. https://www.blogger.com/

To be able to use the online social networking website Blogger I was required to use the website Scribd in order for me to upload documents. I have learnt how to embed files and adjust the codes so that the size of the file is smaller to fit my blog. This website was very helpful as it allowed me to upload lots of files to present my work to teachers and others. https://www.scribd.com/

   

 I have learnt to use the programme Survey Monkey which allowed me to question my class mates and my target audience and it also produced the data that I required so this was a skill that I learnt as I can now present this information easily to others.

Photoshop- This was the most important computer programme that I have used throughout this process it allowed me to create my magazine by adding images, creating a background, moving images and adding text. This programme basically built my magazine from start to finish. This programme was very hard to use but by the end of the project I found it very easy to use and very comfortable to use. Using this programme has allowed me to use another skill that I will defiantly use in the future. I had to use this programme on the computers at school as I could not get this programme at home. Using this software allowed me to be more creative during the designing process and it also allowed me to give a good finish to my product as it allowed me to align text and images to very precise measurements.

Camera- The camera that I have used was the school camera and it was a very good camera to use I really learnt a lot from this as I have learnt what sort of mise en scene I need to consider when taking a photo such as the background and it also taught me that I need to consider outfits so that they co-ordinate with the other models, I have learnt a variety of techniques since using the camera and different angles that I can use when using the camera. When using the camera it allowed me to think of what sort of shots I needed for my magazine and taught me to think ahead and plan for my magazine.

Tripod- I used this tripod so that I could get a good photo without the camera moving which cause the photo to become blurry so I learnt the ways to adjust the tripod to suit the camera and angles that I was after such as portrait and landscape shots.

Studio- I have learnt how to set up  a studio to take a photoshoot, I learnt how to set up lighting and what sort of lighting is best for a photoshoot and also what lighting produces the best photos and what effects it has on the images. I have learnt how to organise my models on the background so that I can get a good photo.
Photos will be added for final version

1 comment:

  1. Be specific about the tools you have learned to use in Photoshop, and how these specific tools have helped you to produce your magazine. Also, link in to teacher/peer feedback comments in Blogger, and how these have helped you to develop your work.

    ReplyDelete